As we transition into Fall, today I'd like to share a few of my favorite moments from this past Summer.
1. Seattle Public Library - Seattle alone was incredible. Because it was my first trip I took this Summer, it honestly feels like it was forever ago. I miss the people and roaming the streets on my own. This library itself is one of my favorite spots in the city. It's enormous and beautifully designed. I could stay in there all day.
2. Angels Landing - This hike was by far the coolest and most fun I have ever had. There is just something I find so much fun about climbing extremely high elevations, and on narrow pathways might I add. It just makes you feel alive. I know that's very cliche, but really, I felt like I could conquer anything. It was during this hike and this trip to Zion National Park that I realized that heights is one my favorite things in the world.
3. Traveling alone - Although I only got to travel on my own for a day, it was exhilarating. I always tell others that you really and truly only get to know a city if you travel on foot/bus/trains. Cars is out of the equation! You soak in so much of the city culture and vibes while traveling on foot. There is just so much to see and experience that a car kind of takes away from. I lugged around my backpack and luggage on my last day in Seattle walking block-to-block, hopping on buses and trains and that's when I felt like I was seriously traveling...when my shoulders get burnt out from carrying everything and when I'm struggling to get to places...that's when you know you're traveling. (I could have worded this a lot better but whatever, if you know what I mean, THANK YOU!)
4. North Cascades National Park - This view is up at the Washington Pass Overlook in the North Cascades. Phillip and I drove forever and thought we were lost and ended up here. This location was actually on my list, but due to time, we knew we wouldn't be able to make it. However, we were just driving and cruising and next thing you know, we were here. It was pretty bizarre how things like this work out. And that moment itself is one of my favorites from this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment