Broods - Heartlines (Acoustic)
I just saw Broods perform a live set at the Grammy Museum earlier this week and dang, what a show. It really takes a lot for me to talk about music and artists, so Broods is very important right now. The show first started out with a very intimate Q&A session with (err...I forgot the host's name) and of course, the brother and sister duo, Georgia and Caleb of Broods. Immediately after, Broods performed their acoustic set of songs off of their latest album, Conscious and a few songs from Evergreen. I can't fully explain my experience because it was followed with so much emotion from the lyrics and Georgia's voice. The lyrics are very dark and the music overall is labeled sad. However, because of the intense production that went into this second album, you can hardly tell, really. I think the acoustics just gave the music so much more depth and Georgia's voice is just so much more raw, real and deeply intense.
Incredible show! Oh, and during 'Recovery,' Georgia whips out a bottle of BREAD CRUMBS and she uses it as her shaker! So clever. So soft, so good.
Have a listen guys and please, let's talk about the feelings we get from listening to Broods.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment