January 04, 2017

BYE BYE COMFORT ZONES



Cali-Demi Denim: Madewell // Moto Jacket: Madewell // Mules: Target 

I never claimed to be a fashion blogger and am still discovering my style. I love trying new styles, looks and trends. I think I'm pretty good at incorporating pieces from different trends and making it look good (or at least try to.) 

Although I'm not one to make New Year resolutions, I do like to set new goals for myself. Throwing out "saving money," "eat out less," and "more exercise" out the window, but instead, making subtle and slow changes to those habits like tracking my expenses to see where my money goes, the weekly yoga and packing my own lunches to work. Sure, slip ups occur, but slow changes are better than none and definitely better than going full-throttle by actually "saving money" or "exercising more" if you catch my drift.

Anyway, I'm focusing on something that I know I can achieve and that's changing up my style. Or at least trying different styles, colors and shapes that are outside of my comfort zone.

Here's an outfit post on New Years day with some fresh new changes:
Cali-Demi denim with the right amount of cropped, flair and button fly gives a good vintage 70s feel that I always love. Mule heels for $30, a sweet score from Target that can be easily dressed up or down, super versatile shoes. And a fresh camel suede moto jacket- fresh new texture and color, something my wardrobe has desperately needed.

Definitely have always felt intimated with casually wearing heels out-and-about but I think I've reached the proper age where it is finally appropriate to, without making myself look too "grown-up" or "trying-to-hard." And let's just admire these jeans for a sec, they're so perfect. That's all.

I'm excited to set this new challenge for myself--identifying and stepping up my game when it comes to what I wear because I've been stuck in a creative road-block as of late. With this new "goal" in mind, I hope to learn to be more creative with how I express myself with the clothes I wear.  

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment