Here's an old photo of me taken at The OC Mix. I was (and still am) incredibly obsessed with that plaid skirt.
Ever since I was little, I have always been easily inspired. I like to jump into projects and new things head first without evaluating the minor details. It definitely has its pros and cons but I've gathered that is just how my brain works. I get very excited about things and want to quickly see it come to life. This is most definitely relevant with the "recipes" I make. Without really knowing how to bake cookies or the specifics of the importance of ingredient ratios...I just bake! Ask my friends, the first batch of cookies I have ever made (with them) sucked because I don't like to follow instructions (oh yeah, I also don't like to follow instructions...hah).
Anyway, back to why I'm writing this post. Stress. I have all these ideas and so very little time to bring these ideas into real life. A lot of my ideas include cooking and allowing myself to learn hands-on when making something especially since I do not consider myself a "cook" or "good at cooking." They also include photography. Although I take all of my photos with my trusty iPhone, there are so many great opportunities for great shots that I just don't take advantage of but I should. You just need the perfect amount of light and pretty subjects. I was also gifted Phillip's old DSLR and I haven't even allowed myself some time to practice and play around with it and find my style. I don't know anything about cooking or photography, but those are just two of the things I'd like to be good at. Or at least try to be?
So now this post is really long and boring. But all I know is, I've been stressing out because there are so many great things I'd like to do and create but I just don't have the time. It's awful. It's an itch I can't scratch.
I've also recently discovered how user-friendly Squarespace is so I've been playing around with it. My trial ends in 13 days so we'll see if I decide to commit and convert!
I've also recently discovered how user-friendly Squarespace is so I've been playing around with it. My trial ends in 13 days so we'll see if I decide to commit and convert!
Photo by Phillip Tang

No comments:
Post a Comment