March 03, 2015

Portola Coffee Lab at The Union Market



Portola Coffee Lab just opened its newest locations in Santa Ana and Tustin and I had the pleasure of visiting the Tustin location this past weekend. Orange County does their "chill" and "relaxed" thing very well. The small business scene down south of Los Angeles and near the coast, is quickly gaining its popularity. The Union Market in Tustin just opened earlier this year with just a few shops in full function. More shops to come as the year progresses. I was delighted to see Portola Coffee expanding and claiming a spot in the newly established community of locally owned independent boutiques and shops and specialty foods.


I deeply admire the OC as a destination for one-of-a-kind shopping destination. I love these kinds of places. It is a community curated by local entrepreneurial souls who have a fine desire for creativity, individuality, cool and unique shit. And I'm obviously talking about The Camp as well as The OC Mix. (If you know what the business term for these kinds of businesses/collection of independent businesses, please do share with me because I have no idea what to call them!) I'm just really excited for more shops to spur up this year at the Union Market! 'Til then, I'll be waiting at Portola with my gaspar. That's right, they invented a new (and very cool) word for the cortado/gibraltar, the gaspar. Freakin' OC people I swear.


P.S. How great is this wall?!

1 comment: