December 31, 2015

2015 Favorites

As the year concludes, I guess it's time to do some reflecting. I can always count on my obsession with documenting photos of trips and moments to bring back all kinds of wonderful memories. I'm sharing some of my favorite moments, memories and photos of 2015. Most of them include some of the trips I took this year. 


Sequoia National Park / January 

After visiting the great Sequoias on Black Friday in 2014, we came back during the first week of January. Snow was everywhere! We hiked Tokopah Falls and froze our asses off.






Big Sur / March
Okay, let's just talk about the drive and journey to this magical land. Beyond unbelievable. My first sighting of heavy fog got me feeling a certain type of way. I am just dying to go back. Oh, also a very unforgettable camping trip, to say the least.



El Matador State Beach / March

There was a time where I would revisit the coast for a consecutive week. Was not mad about it.


 

Yosemite National Park / May

My first trip to Yosemite exceeded all expectations I had about this place. I can't believe it took me 22 years to experience this beautiful land. I can honestly say that this trip was my most favorite part of this entire year. I will also never forget when I dropped my iPhone 6 into the river. Not even mad that I don't have any more photos from this trip to share because I remember everything so vividly. 















Seattle, Washington +  Portland, Oregon / Summer 

First trip to the Pacific Northwest. Spent a very decent amount of time consuming coffee, of course. I know Seattle is known for being the coffee capital, but Portland coffee > Seattle coffee. My favorite shops in Portland: Coava and Heart. My favorites in Seattle: Victrola and Elm. Fun time in these cities with all these coffee lovers. 

Okay, and honestly, these photos from Portland and Seattle are probably my most favorite shots I've ever taken. I don't know why. 



North Cascades National Park, Washington / Summer

While we were in Seattle, Phillip and I decided to explore the North Cascades one day. It was about a 2-3 hour drive and it was just one of those nice long drives with one of your best friends talking about life and then talking about nothing, but it was just perfect. We hiked to Diablo Lake and it was horrible. The hike was tiring, hot and we were both miserable. However, when we got to the end and were enraptured with views of the lake, it was worth all the sweat and tears. Also, will never forget the countless times we drove by this one lake that we were looking for and getting lost. 



Zion National Park / September

Nice, smooth and beautiful drive to Zion National Park in Utah. We experienced flash floods, rain, lightning, thunder, you name it. We hiked the infamous Narrows Trail during a mini flash flood! The water is holy water, I swear. My legs and shoes glistened when we were done. We also hiked Angels Landing. Its known for the incredible views of the Zion Canyon, as well as the incredibly dangerous drops ranging from 60-1200 ft. Yes, risky business. I'm also trying to forget about the ridiculous and strenuous switchbacks. But we survived and I would do it again 100 times. Oh, during this trip and hike, I learned one very important thing about myself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE heights. 



Sequoia National Park / November

Lucky to have been back in this magical white land twice this year! Camped and experienced snow fall for the first time ever. I felt like Elsa the entire time. 


Joshua Tree National Park / December 

Stargazing in the desert. That is all.





Seattle, Washington / December

Took another trip to Seattle last weekend. Seattle has great seafood. Holy dear god. (See post below of my Seattle Photo Diary)

 More favorites:



BFB (Best Friend Brunches)


Being blonde was probably one of the highlights of this year, let alone, my entire life. 



Surprise birthday brunch thrown by my best friends.

 




OMG BESTIA. Dreaming about bone marrow 4eva.



(click images to enlarge)

Never been good with words at all. But personally, just glimpsing at these photos, I can relive each and every moment so clearly and that's all that matters.

Hmm, I guess my favorite moments of 2015 are just all of these trips.


Oh, and let's not forget about my first tattoo. This happened in the beginning of January. It represents a lot of things but I'll just share two with you. One of them being my love/passion for travel. The other, my curiosity for absolutely everything. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment