I went on a camping trip in May (post coming up next) and like everyone's worst nightmare, my iPhone 6 fell into the river. Although it was a very shallow part of the river which was surrounded my rocks, luckily, I managed to retrieve my iPhone. We immediately turned it off so the water wouldn't cause a short-circuit in the device. This was all during a very beautiful hike via the John Muir Trail, so obviously and naturally, beautiful sights of nature smothered me and all I wanted to do was take photos, but of course I couldn't. Because I didn't have my dslr with me and just had my iPhone, I was impatient (and very optimistic) and believed my phone has been OFF for a good amount of time so I decided to turn it on so I can take photos. Long story short, turning it on did not revive my phone. I must have tried turning it on like 50 times. This was day 2 out of 3 of our camping trip and needless to say, there was still so much left to be seen and not having a device to capture the beauty was a very difficult struggle for me.
I have always loved taking photos. Who doesn't right? If it's capturing a photo to relive a specific moment in the future or to bring a composition you've had in mind to life, I'm just always snapping away.
Since I've dropped my iPhone 6 and caused a short-circuit, I bounced back to my trusty iPhone 4S for about 3 weeks. During my Pacific Northwest trip, I had my dslr along with my iPhone 4S. I haven't been shooting on a dslr for a long time so whenever I do use it, it's a lot of practicing that I am doing. During my trip, I used my dslr for practicing and my iPhone 4S for capturing photos and bringing a composition in mind to life. Sometimes I would even be juggling between the two and taking the same exact compositions. It got extremely frustrating. At times I struggled capturing the right compositions with my iPhone and then tried to capture it on my dslr but I was not satisfied. It became very inconvenient, time-consuming and just overall very frustrating. I can't even explain it.
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy photography a lot. I have sorta been playing around with Photoshop and Lightroom and it's actually a lot of fun editing photos and finding a particular style that you like. I also love the accessibility of an iPhone. There are so many great "iPhonographers" out there and I just want to be able to replicate the same quality of work they possess because at the end of the day, we all share the same device. Obviously we do not possess the same talent, but that's the beauty of it all, trying to locate your niche and find what you're good at.
This has been a very pointless and lengthy post but I just wanted to share my thought process on this as a whole.
Oh, I have gotten a new iPhone 6 now and with its larger screen compared to my lil ol' iPhone 4S, I am very excited to be using its beautiful camera again.
No comments:
Post a Comment