It's officially fig season, guys! I am so lucky I have a fig tree in my backyard! Figs can be found at your local markets like at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or even Sprouts, but be prepared to pay a heavy price tag for them. Why are they so expensive? I heard somewhere that figs are only in season twice a year.
Last year, I made a fig pizza with pesto, spinach and ricotta cheese. I made it towards the end of fig season so when I finally had time to make more figs, we were freshly out. Since we're in the middle of fig season right now, I decided to look up a bunch of other recipes I can make with figs. I know for sure I will be making fig jam! Yum.
Anyway, so for this dish (are these considered crostinis??), I used:
Ingredients:
french baguette
brie cheese (can substitute for goat cheese)
prosciutto
figs
basil
I didn't do or add anything fancy to this (like balsamic vinegar!) I sliced the baguette and toasted them with olive oil for about 10 minutes. After they were done toasting, I immediately added the brie onto the bread to make it melt. Then topped it off with sliced figs, prosciutto and basil leaves for garnish!
I know there are tons of variations to this. You can even try making fig jam for this recipe instead of using whole figs. Also, try substituting different cheeses like goat or burrata!
xoxo
**I am not a food blogger or food expert or even a cook. Simply just sharing what I'm making in my kitchen!
No comments:
Post a Comment