August 26, 2014

Saturday in San Diego




















My friends and I have been wanting to explore San Diego since our last trip almost two years ago. We heard about this hiking trail with the infamous "Potato Chip Rock" down in Poway. We decided to hike the trail at Mount Woodson last Saturday morning. We were prepared for a strenuous hike with absolutely no shade. We were not prepared for the lack of green scenic views so it made the hike just a tad bit boring. The potato chip rock itself was a letdown. From photos spiraling all over social media, I was prepared for a long and wide bedded rock. The rock itself was smaller than I expected and the long and hot hike the morning leading to the rock did not seem worth it.

We found a shady area to have our lunch before lining up to take the infamous photo. Yes, there was a line. Disneyland Splash Mountain kinda line. Just kidding. Oh and did I mention phone reception and data was working mighty fine? Don't know how I felt about that.

Anyway, after the hike, we drove down to San Diego and had lunch at Sushi Deli. Then we had some yummy gelato and spent the rest of the evening at Sunset Cliff's enjoying the beautiful view and enormous waves on the cliff!


No comments:

Post a Comment